My 30 years of life

Today is the day I become 30 years old;
Celebrate 30 years of life on this planet.
30 years of laughter and joy;
of exhilaration and promises;
of adventures and journeys.
30 years of gut-wrenching pain,
Of heartbreak and deep sorrow;
Of immense grief and incredible bliss.


30 years of questioning and suffering,
years of searching for truth and making peace
with things that don't fit my plan.
Of trying so hard to keep God at the center of it all
and failing miserably every day.
30 years of Grace that was undeserved
Of forgiveness and second chances.
30 years of life being so much more than
I could have ever imagined;
Life lived larger than I could have hoped for;
of dreams that I didn't even know I had
coming true, much to my surprise.
30 years of dreams that didn't come true
leaving painful scars and reminders.
30 years of easy lessons learned;
Of difficult lessons learned
and of lessons that I'm still learning.

30 years of books read, and cried over;
Of getting lost in stories and adventures in far-off places.
30 years of movies and binge-watching TV shows.
30 years of giving in to wanderlust;
of travel to new places and new experiences;
years of pictures and selfies, and conversations with strangers.
Getting lost in distant lands, and far-away places.
30 years of finding myself a stranger in a place that was my own
Or finding myself at peace and at home
In cities that weren't my own.
30 years of enduring friendships across the globe
and conversations sparked over one (or more) cup of coffee.
30 years of being away from my parents and sister
and quality bonding only possible over Skype;
Of suffering loss and death of loved ones
by myself and learning to somehow cope.
Years of wondering why, and never having the answer.

30 years of a life lived, and a life I'm still living.
A life of over 10,000 sunrises and sunsets
But would I trade any part of it?
No I wouldn't.
Because each moment of these past 30 years
has made me the person that I am today.
And just for that, I thank God for my life:
30 years strong, and ready to take on 30 more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God in the Little things

When Hope is Smaller than a Mustard seed

Entry 1