Entry 1

My Journal.

I don't really have much to say at the moment. But this journal is a good thing. Because I always have something to say. And as you grow older I think there's a part of you that suppresses the part that always wants to say something. Kind of like an extended version of our conscience - as this not only makes you feel guilty when you're considering doing something bad but it also makes you feel like it's not your place to always speak your mind. Why? because someone might just get offended by what you say.

Anyways, so I am going to keep this journal as my outlet and as most literary outlets are, it may not always make sense or be grammatically correct so if my readers want to criticize that then well I'm so NOT interested. :)

Like I said I almost always have something to say so this is what I'm going to say for today. I don't think I could ever go to a wedding where I didn't know either of the people involved, and I cannot imagine how people can go like that. I mean its a wedding! Two people are making a commitment to each other to spend the rest of their lives together. Its not just some party with free food and drinks that everyone can go and enjoy! Its a private and personal moment that should be treated as such. I understand about friends and family and how sometimes even these people are too many that it does become a little bit not personal. But I think the line should definitely be drawn at the bride's friend's brother's friend. I do not think that last friend should be going - in fact I do not think even the friend's brother should be going to a wedding like that. I once felt terrible about going to my school friend's wedding because I wasn't technically invited by her per se but I did know she was getting married and I had called her brother about it and he had given me a verbal invite. But I remember feeling so guilty about it when I went up to her at the reception to say hi. Needless to say she was quite happy that I came even though she did joke about it a little that I had crashed her wedding.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say on that topic, let me know what your views are on wedding crashers.

Comments

  1. That comment of your friend could be the parameter of your friendship in my personal view.She fails to be a true friend.

    Just forgive her for that.

    To hit the point - going for an unknown person's wedding , it happens on 2 reasons

    1.Someone known to either the bride or the groom is CLOSE to you; so you can always go.You can take part in the Vows exchanged as a far off observer and you will see truth and serenity magnified as ther will be none to disatract you
    2.You could deny, yet it is your own choice to go..perhaps to hang around with that someone who invites you??

    Whatever the case be, please forgive all those who tend to abuse people like you emotinally because Those who do it MISS BEING BLESSED BY WELL WISHERS LIKE YOU WHO SAPRE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME

    The world when it becomes a global village with its citizens happy only with friends - virtual friends, has started rewrting the meaning and definition of FRIENDS.The Comfort and serenity of friendship is conveniently traded with Selfishness.

    the huge reason is BASIC INSECURITY.

    So, what you did is right. Your investment in terms of time, tallent and treaure for that non understanding friend of yours will be rewarded and do not stop doing such good job

    God bless

    Grisalda Dickson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God in the Little things

When Hope is Smaller than a Mustard seed